You should make this your first Vegan recipe and make your kids jump for joy!
As mentioned in the last post, I am not normally motivated by sugar. But, this recipe may change all that!
VEGAN CHURRO WAFFLES
Start your day with a little sugary love, covered in butter and cinnamon! Sounds pretty good. I must agree.
My husband ate 3 of these waffles. Willa ate one, and Harper wanted hers plain (her sweet tooth rivals Mom’s).
This is a slightly modified recipe I found on Pintrest.
Break out the waffle iron!
2 cups Almond Milk (I prefer the non sweetened Trader Joe’s brand – pink carton)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbs canola oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tbs cornstarch
1 cup regular sugar (I considered coconut sugar)
½ cup cinnamon
½ cup Earth Balance butter (I actually used more like ¾ cup – YIKES!)
- Melt butter in a large, shallow dish. You are going to be dipping the fresh waffles before you coat them with cinnamon and sugar.
- Make another large, shallow bowl with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the waffles.
- Pour one ladle onto the hot waffle iron and cook until golden.
- Take out of iron and lightly dip into the butter. YUM!
- Then, straight out of the butter into the sugary mix!
This may be the best vegan recipe you will ever make! Another waffle iron breakfast coming soon! Keep that sucker HOT!